Frequently Asked Questions
- How is the quality of your products?
- We only carry the best brands like American Apparel, Bella+Canvas, and Next Level. On top of that, we spend a lot of time testing each new product before we add it to the site. Part of that time is spent carefully considering the best possible decoration methods for that item.
- Where can I find sizing information?
Every product on our site shows what our customers say about the fit. We recommend starting there.
We also created a great video to help you with your sizing needs as well.
To get an accurate size, your best bet is to find an item you own and love. Then, compare its size to the size chart of our product. If you need a t-shirt, for example, find one at home, lay it flat, and measure it in inches. Then match those measurements to our size chart.
Unfortunately, every t-shirt maker in the world has some degree of manufacturing tolerance, which is to say, the distance in inches could have up to a 10% variation, plus or minus.
If you want to be absolutely sure about sizing, feel free to contact us to order a blank items. You can then try it on, and then return it. We will refund the item price, but we cannot refund any shipping costs.
- How do the different women's shirts fit?
We offer six different fits for Women's Tops:
Junior Fit These shirts are cut to fit closer to the body and they run small. Misses When compared to Junior Fit, Misses shirts are cut with a more generous fit, which means they will fit more like a basic t-shirt. Compared to a Unisex shirt, a Misses fit tends to have shorter sleeves and a more feminine cut. Flowy As the name implies, these shirts offer a flowy, loose fit that works with almost all body types. They are also very trendy. Plus Size These shirts are true plus sizes. They come in 1X - 4X (some retailers would label these as Plus 1 - Plus 4). Unisex These shirts offer a roomy fit for all genders. All of our Unisex shirts can be found on our Men's Tops page, but we wanted to include some on our Women's Tops page as well since there are a few unique styles available only in a unisex fit, such as tie-dye shirts. Maternity These shirts are for pregnant women.
We always recommend reviewing the size chart for each item before making your purchase. This information is located on every Product Details page.
- Can I order sizes not available on the site?
- If you do not see the size you are looking for, that product is most likely not offered in that size. But you can always contact us and we'll see what we can do to help you find the right size!
- What are the washing instructions?
Please follow the washing instructions on your item's tag.
Note: some items might have a slight square impression around the printed area. This impression will disappear after the first wash.
- Can I put my same design on other products?
You can absolutely do this. Here's how it works:
- First, choose an item and create your design.
- Next, click Add to Cart.
- Once in your cart, click the "Copy Design" button. This will take you back to the Design Center.
- Next, click the Swap Out Item tab, and choose another product. Make any adjustments to the size and location of your design.
- Click Add to Cart again, and you're all finished!
- What types of images can I upload?
Formats we accept: JPEG, JPG, GIF, and PNG
For the best printing quality, upload the largest image size you have. We recommend images of at least 1000 pixels in height and width.
- Can I create designs for my team (name / #)?
We built the "Name / Number" feature just for you. Here's a great video explaining how it's done!
- How do I create a vintage / distress look?
- Step 1: Go to the design center by choosing a blank item or by customizing one of our gallery designs. Step 2: Click the Distress Design checkbox inside the Design tab.
- Can I use emojis in my design?
We strongly recommend using the emojis available in our Add Art tab instead of using your phone to add Emojis.
In the design center, choose the Add Art tab and then choose the Category menu. You will see "Emoji" as an option, with lots of subcategories. We have a huge selection of emoji art that we hope you will love.
If you add the emoji icons from your phone using the Add Text tab, we can't guarantee those results, because every system renders emojis differently.
If you don't see your preferred emoji in our Add Art tab, just contact us and let us know. We'll do our best to help you out!
- How do I save my design?
- To save your design at any time, simply click the "Save" button in the Design Center. You must be signed in to your account to save your design.
- How do I find my saved designs?
- Sign-in to your account. Then click "My Account" in the header. Then click "My Designs".
- How do I share a design?
If you want to share a design from our gallery, you will see buttons for Facebook, Twitter, Email, Text, and Pinterest on the design details page.
If you want to share your own design, just click the "Save" button in the Design Center. (You will need to be signed into your account.)
Once your design is saved, this will allow you to share it with friends or on social media. You can use the share buttons on the design details page or simply copy the URL and share away.
Your design will not show up in our galleries, which means it will not be searchable on the site.
Another way to share designs is by clicking the "Email" button next to the "Save" button inside the Design Center.
- Do you save my uploaded images?
If you are signed-in to your account... then yes, we will save the images that you upload using the "Upload Image" tab in the Design Center.
To delete an image, you must be signed-in to your account. Click "My Account" in the header, and then click "My Uploads". You will see an "X" to delete each image.
- How do you print my items?
We have three different printing methods:
1. Printing ink with a direct-to-garment digital printer.This is the method we use for almost all of our apparel. It involves state-of-the-art digital printers printing high quality ink directly onto your item. This process offers several advantages over screen printers, including:
- A full range of colors at no extra cost. (Screen printers print only one color at a time, so each additional color is extra cost for you. But not with us.)
- No minimums and no set up fees. (Our printing process is the same whether we are printing 1 item or 1,000. Screen printers, however, have a lot of up-front costs in setting up the screens, so they charge for it and require minimums.)
2. Using an ultra-thin, precision-cut, heat-pressed "film" material.This is a great method to create a durable design on unique items. For example, it's not possible to create custom, no-minimum designs using ink on items like duffel bags and mesh jerseys. We use film instead, and it works nicely.
- Items decorated in film offer a wide range of specialty options including metallic, glitter, neon, and glow-in-the-dark.
- Because we cut this material before heat pressing, we must avoid complex shapes. Items using this method cannot be distressed or use the distressed fonts like Angelic War. Also, certain pieces of art from our library are too intricate for film. (These pieces of art are not selectable when designing a film-only item.)
- As a customer, you probably don't want three or four layers of film overlapping each other on your item. To avoid this, we limit the design center to one text style and one piece of art for film-only items. Uploaded images are not available form film items.
3. Applying ink using sublimation.We use sublimation on our hard-good accessories such as custom mugs and shot glasses. It involves printing ink onto a very special transfer material and then applying that print to the item in a fancy heat press.
- Sublimation results in very vibrant colors. You will usually notice that pinks and reds are brighter on mugs than other items.
- White becomes transparent. For example, if there are any parts of your design that are white, it will show the color of the mug instead of a pure white.
- Will items print like they look on screen?
- Although there can be some changes, we try to display the design on your screen so that it matches exactly what you get.
- What are the best print locations?
- Introduction: If you want your shirt to be printed using standard print locations (such as full chest or left chest), please use the graphics on this page as a guide when creating your own design in the design center. For the most part, we will print everything exactly as you designed it. However, we might adjust your design slightly if you are clearly aiming for a certain standard. For example, if a design looks like all of the elements are centered, but our art department notices one element is slightly off-center, we will go ahead and center everything for you. Vertical Positioning: When aligning your design vertically, it's all about centering. Try to get the center of your design to align roughly near your armpits, while also staying within the "full chest box" above. Look at the examples below. The green dashed line is the centering armpit line. For shirts with low neck lines, like v-necks or some tank tops, the top of the design usually starts at about 3/4 inch from the collar. Helpful Tips: If you have any specific requests, be sure to add them to the Special Comments field during checkout. Let's say you would like a left chest design. First, look at the Left Chest graphic at the top of the page. Then, do your best to fit your design within that imaginary box in the design center. Then, when checking out, in the special instructions, simply write: I want this to be a Left Chest design. Our art department will use the Left Chest standard to make sure your design looks like a classic left chest design. See below for more do's and don'ts when using the design center. If you are expecting a standard center chest print, then... If you are expecting a standard left chest print, then... If you really want your design to be printed on your belly, and you want to be extra sure that we know it, please leave a message in the Special Instructions. For maternity designs, it is usually clear when the design should be printed on the belly. Those are no problem.
- How can I track my order?
There are two different ways you can do this:
If you have an account, just sign-in, and then go to My Account and click "My Orders".
If you don't have an account, just go to the Track Order page and enter your order information.
- Is my order secure?
- Absolutely. Your order is guaranteed 100% secure. We do not store any credit card numbers in our database. Our website is also scanned daily by Qualys Secure to ensure safe ordering.
- Do you offer group or bulk discounts?
We've made it super easy to place orders for your group.
Here's a video showing you how it's done:
Our group discounts kick in when you have six or more items in your cart. AND GET THIS: they don't even need to be the same item or design!
At other sites that do mostly screen printing, your designs must all use the exact same size, colors, and details. So if you get a family reunion design printed on onesies and unisex tees... well that design is going to look pretty tiny on your unisex tee. But not with us! Your designs can be totally different. We're still giving you the group discount.
Learn more about our Group Discounts here.
- Do you offer screen printing or embroidery?
We do understand that, in some cases, screen printing and embroidery are just better options. If you need screen printing or embroidery, you can place those orders offline with our helpful staff. Start by filling out the forms in the links below:
Perfect if you want:
- over 48 items with the same design
- 3 colors or fewer
Perfect if you want:
- over 12 items with the same design
- your design sewn onto your item
- How do I use a promo code?
You can enter your promo code on the lower left side of the shopping cart page. Simply enter your code and click "apply". Your discount amount will then show up right there in the cart.
We recommend signing-up for our email newsletter at the very bottom of any page because we regularly send out great coupon codes for discounts.
Our promo code technology is pretty smart, so when you enter your code, you will automatically be given whatever discount is the greatest. For example, if you have a group discount that results in $15 off, but you have a promo code for $20 off, it will use the $20 discount. Only one discount can be applied per order.
- Promo codes do not apply to shipping or tax.
- Promo codes cannot be applied to the purchase of Gift Cards.
- Can I make changes to my order?
- Please contact us within 1 hour of placing your order to make any changes. Please double check your designs for accuracy before placing your order, because the production process starts almost right away.
- Do you have order minimums?
- No! Buy one custom item or one thousand; we're happy to serve you either way. Our "no minimum" policy is something we are quite proud of because very few custom apparel websites match us in this offer. Almost all of them have a minimum quantity of at least six on most of their items. This is because those sites will only offer screen printing as an option for those items. We, on the other hand, have eschewed screen printing completely in favor of a combination of other methods, most notably direct-to-garment digital printing on soft apparel. This means we have several advantages over screen printers, including no set up fees, no limitations on number of print colors, and no minimums. You might think that because we don't screen print, we are not as competitive price-wise for large, group orders. This, however, is not the case. We know we need to compete with screen printers, so we offer steep discounts for group orders on our most popular items. This is particularly exciting for our customers because it means they can get full-color printing on group orders for incredibly good prices.
- Can I order using a school purchase order?
Yes! Just follow these steps:
- Go to the contact us page and email us to let us know you would like to checkout using a School Purchase Order. Our Customer Service representatives will respond with further instructions including the following...
- We will ask for the email address associated with your account. We will then authorize that account which will allow you to place orders using a School PO.
- Sign in to this account and create your designs. If you like, you can click on the save button in the design center and save your design for future use. Or you can go ahead and add the design to your cart and continue with the checkout process.
- On the checkout page, choose I have a School PO and enter your PO number. Please use your school's information in the billing section.
- Complete the checkout process. This will generate an order number.
- You will need to send us your School PO by fax. Our fax number is: 614-334-0185.
- What is your return policy?
- We want to make you happy. Although it is rare, if we do make a mistake with your order, we will reprint it or issue a refund immediately. If you are not satisfied with your item, contact us within 30 days. We examine every issue on a case-by-case basis and we'll do what it takes to make you happy. Please contact our friendly customer service department and provide a brief explanation. We're always trying to get better at everything we do, and your feedback is extremely valuable. If you think it's a print issue, we'd love the chance to prove that we can knock your socks off. Please remember to review your design and the product size chart prior to ordering, as each order is made individually to your specifications and cannot be resold. Under certain circumstances we might ask you to return your items in order to receive a refund. We do not cover the cost of shipping. We are proud of the ratings we have achieved both as a Google Trusted Store and with the Better Business Bureau.
- What is Amazon Pay?
- If you already have an Amazon account (with addresses and credit cards saved in that account), then Amazon Pay makes checking out super-duper simple. This is especially true if you are on a phone. Just choose the address, choose the credit card, and hit "Place Order". That's it!
- Do you offer FREE shipping?
- We offer free economy shipping over $60 and free quick shipping over $100 on orders shipped within the U.S.
- How long does it take to receive my order?
We offer several delivery options, the fastest of which is Express, and choosing it means your package will be at your doorstep in only 3 business days. We also offer options for 5, 9, and 12 business days.
When choosing one of these options, the number of days represents the maximum number you might wait. Many packages will arrive earlier. However, to be absolutely sure you get your package on time, we recommend you choose the option that best suits your date.
On the checkout page, you won't have to do any "business day" calculations. We display the latest possible in-hands date next to each shipping option. When looking at the business days below, please note that those days are based on ordering before 4pm EST. For example, if you are ordering on Monday, May 1st at 3pm, and you choose the 3 business day option, then you will receive your package by May 4th (and May 4th is exactly what will be displayed on the checkout page next to the Express option).
Arrival time frames for the continental United States:
- Economy (12 business days) $4.19 or FREE on orders $60 and up
- Quick (9 business days) $9.74 or FREE on orders $100 and up
- Expedited (5 business days) $19.67 (or 19.67% of the order total* if over $100)
- Express (3 business days) $29.83 (or 29.83% of the order total* if over $100)
- Economy (18 business days) $5.95 or FREE on orders $60 and up
- Expedited (5 business days) $19.67 (or 19.67% of the order total* if over $100)
- Express (3 business days) $29.83 (or 29.83% of the order total* if over $100)
- Do you offer international shipping?
Yes. For as low as $5.95, we ship to the following countries:
- Puerto Rico
- United Kingdom
- Virgin Islands
For most countries outside of the US, these are the arrival estimates and prices:
Economy (15 business days) - 12% of order - as low as $5.95 (or 20% of order total* if over $200)
Expedited (5 business days) - $29.96 (or 29.96% of the order total* if over $100)
For the Bahamas and the Virgin Islands, the Economy option is actually 18 days instead of 15. For the Virgin Islands, we are not able to offer a 5 day option right now. We apologize for the inconvenience. Please be aware, you are responsible for any taxes or duties that might be applied to your package after it has left our facility. If you choose Expedited as your shipping option, and you are shipping to a remote location, you might see an "out of area" surcharge on the order confirmation page. This surcharge is applied by our delivery providers to shipping addresses outside of normal delivery areas. For international orders this charge is $27.50. Unfortunately, we cannot ship to APO, DPO, and FPO addresses. Note: "order total" refers to order total not including any discounts applied in the shopping cart.